Friday, April 30, 2010

I was raised right - I talk about people behind their backs


So, a browsing trip through the Palo Alto Borders actually paid off this time! I was juggling two books ( Kathy Griffen's memoir and Anthony Bourdain 's Kitchen Confidential... I have a thing for people with smart mouths). Kathy won out for reasons I'm not really sure of, but I made a great decision and I'll tell ya why. She's got this incredible way of story telling. Its like shes a friend just gossiping with you over coffee. Her way of standup translates perfectly into this book. I often find myself having to read things more than once to really make sure I understand whats happening, but with this book, it just flows. Granted I'm only about a quarter of the way through, but I honestly get excited to crawl into bed early at night so I can pop it open and read some more. It's been a long time since I've found a book like that :)
Luv ya Kath!

No comments:

Post a Comment